Saturday, April 3, 2010

BLT


The BLT is on my top 5 favorite sandwiches list. I don't prepare them often so when we have them I am always amazed at how good they taste. What could be more simple? Bacon. Iceberg lettuce. Tomato. Mayo. Bread.

The sandwich is truly enhanced if the tomato is garden fresh. My annual tomato garden isn't under way yet, but I was able to pick up a decent tomato from the grocery store. I always cook my bacon in the microwave. Place down 4 paper towels on a dinner plate, lay 5-6 slices of uncooked bacon side by side across the paper towels and lay 2 more paper towels on top. Microwave for 6 minutes and check it. I am a crispy bacon girl so I generally zap it for at least another minute. I like to lightly toast the bread. In the past couple of years I've switched from a white french bread to wheat bread, mostly because it is what I tend to have in the house these days. Don't let the wheat fool you though. I'm very generous with the mayo. I encourage you to do the same!

I look forward to garden tomato's and BLT's this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment