Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Balsamic Marinated Flank Steak with Blue Cheese Sauce


I recently purchased the latest Ellie Krieger cookbook, So Easy. I have had lots of success with her previous book, The Food You Crave and was excited to try a recipe from her newest book. I decided to volunteer my family as my guinea pigs and served this as the main course for our Mother's Day lunch. It wasn't too shabby for a first pass. What would a recipe be without some modifications? I felt the marinade didn't have quite enough tang for my taste. I will add a teaspoon or two of dijon mustard next time. The blue cheese sauce was a little too salty given the lack of tang in the marinade. A slight cut back on the blue cheese and an increase in the buttermilk next time should do the trick. I highly recommend marinating this one overnight and cooking it a scant 4 minutes on each side. The grilled red onions along side are delicious!

This would pair well with a tangy coleslaw and some watermelon wedges for a healthy and tasty summer meal. Click here for the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. This steak looks fabulous. I am really enjoying Ellie's new book for this same sort of inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete