Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sweet Melissa Sundays: Ginger Custard Pumpkin Pie


Are you sick of pumpkin recipes yet? I'm not! I've made 3 other pumpkin treats this fall and I have a few more planned. I was excited to see that Debbie selected Ginger Custard Pumpkin Pie for this week's Sweet Melissa Sundays recipe.

I have never actually made a pumpkin pie so I'm not sure how to compare this to making a standard pumpkin pie. But luckily I am very experienced at eating pumpkin pie. I am a huge fan. I love my pie with with cool whip on top...yep...cool whip. Melissa Murphy's Ginger Custard Pumpkin Pie has a distinct ginger flavor which I found to be a bit overpowering. And I like ginger, but there can be too much of a good thing.


The custard is very light, airy and creamy whereas most pumpkin pies have a more dense custard. This pie is tasty but I would cut down the ginger next time. I used my 6 inch pie pan for the first time and halved the recipe. I made half of the all butter pie dough recipe and had enough dough for two 6 inch pans. And luckily I have 2 pans! So I froze one of the pie pans for future use.


Hop over to the Sweet Melissa Sundays site to see other bakers fall pies.

8 comments:

  1. This looks super delicious! I really wanted to make this one but got tied up this weekend. I think when I do get around to making it though I may tune down the ginger a bit as I would hate for it to overpower the lovely pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make this pie, even though I went and bought fresh ginger. From your picture I can tell it's light and airy. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pie looks amazing! I love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny about the differing opinions on the ginger - my tasters thought the ginger flavor could stand to even be a little stronger. Your pie looks great, I'm jealous of your gorgeous crust!

    I'm definitely not sick of pumpkin treats either. I'm still baking with it like crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pie looks wonderful! So funny, I had to add extra ginger to get it gingery enough, but I don't think I chopped it fine enough.

    I love pumpkin treats, too. I've lost count of how many cans of pumpkin I've gone through this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is in every case great to realize what textual styles are utilized inside your logo configuration in the event that you choose to utilize this equivalent textual style over your other showcasing material. logo design service

    ReplyDelete
  7. DUDUK santai , MAIN game dapet duit buang Stres Loh Tunggu apa lagi? yuk gabung sekarang juga di MOLEKTOTO DAPATKAN: BONUS NEW MEMBER 10%
    BONUS DEPOSIT HARIAN 5RB
    DEPOSIT VIA PULSA TANPA POTONGAN LOH!!berapapun kami bayar
    Yuk gabung sekarang juga! di WWW.MOLEKTOTO.INFO

    ReplyDelete