Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sweet Melissa Sundays: Sacher Torte


Two weeks ago we made the Speakeasy from the Sweet Melissa Baking Book. I used that opportunity to also make this week's pick, the Sacher Torte. Sacher Torte is a very minor variation on the Speakeasy. The only difference is you split the cake into two layers and fill it with a generous portion of apricot jam. I had enough batter left over to make a 4 inch mini cake for the Sacher Torte. My torte used triple sec instead of brandy (I'm thinking Amaretto would be nice too). The triple sec, orange flavored liquor, was a good compliment to the apricot filling. I liked creating this version with just a little jam twist. This is a good cake, but I'm not sure I will be making it again. Too many other recipes on my to do list.


Thanks to Jessica of My Baking Heart for selecting this week's recipe. Pop over to her site for the recipe. See how other SMS bakers.

4 comments:

  1. Looks perfect! Thanks for baking along with me this week - sorry it was so similar to the last pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your torte is lovely! I sat this one out but I really wish I'd thought to make the variation two weeks ago too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm - your torte turned out just wonderful. I want to eat it right off the screen.

    ReplyDelete

  4. DUDUK santai , MAIN game dapet duit buang Stres Loh Tunggu apa lagi? yuk gabung sekarang juga di MOLEKTOTO DAPATKAN: BONUS NEW MEMBER 10%
    BONUS DEPOSIT HARIAN 5RB
    DEPOSIT VIA PULSA TANPA POTONGAN LOH!!
    Yuk gabung sekarang juga! di MOLEKTOTO atau bisa WA kami ya ^^ WA : +855967060532
    ATAU BISA KE LINK KAMI WWW.MOLEKTOTO.INF

    ReplyDelete